- Trainees and Interns participate in the Training Institute on a volunteer basis.
- The contractual obligation for participation in the Training Institute is for a minimum of 24 months.
- Trainees and Interns need to commit to approximately 20-25 hours per week.
Breakdown of Hours
- Psychotherapy Services (14-18 hours/week):
- Psychotherapy for individuals, couples, and/or families (average of 8 hours/week)
- Two SAVE Kids therapeutic visits (average of 2-5 hours/week).
- Group therapy and/or psycho-educational services: e.g., placement in childcare centers or facilitation of parenting psycho-education group (average of 2-3 hours/week)
- Adjunct and collateral psychotherapy services including: telephone intakes, Temperament Profile production, maintenance of psychotherapy forms and administrative duties (average of 3 hours/week)
Interns working at APPLE FamilyWorks receive ample opportunity to meet the BBS requirements of 500 child/family hours.
- Training and Supervision (4.5–7.5 hours/week):
- 2 hours of Group Supervision on Wednesdays
- 2 ½ hours of Training on Wednesdays
- 1 hour of individual supervision per week
APPLE FamilyWorks’ staff of licensed therapists is available daily for consultation and supervision.