Individual Therapy (or psychotherapy) involves meeting with a therapist one-on-one in a confidential setting for the purpose of reducing distress and/or increasing well-being. Because individual therapy helps people overcome internal obstacles, it is a practical and effective means of helping clients grow through crisis, conflict, and distress.
At APPLE FamilyWorks, our licensed and pre-licensed Marriage & Family Therapists respect the goals of the client and work collaboratively with him or her to realize those goals. We focus on creating a safe and nurturing experience for our clients, working to deeply understand our clients’ internal experiences in order to help them feel seen and heard.
We also know that clients are helped by receiving compassionate and clear feedback. Therefore, an essential skill for the therapist is their active listening and dialogue with their client about the client’s concerns and experience, thus creating a special kind of relationship in which the client feels both accepted and encouraged toward growth.
Our therapists are highly trained to help you gain greater relief, clarity and fulfillment in your life, work and relationships. We support individuals in developing adaptive life skills in order to increase their emotional well-being and to strengthen their relationships. We are skilled in helping individuals meet a broad range of psychological and relationship goals including:
- reducing depression, anxiety, stress
- improving self-esteem
- developing healthy anger management skills
- developing stress management skills
- developing healthy boundaries
- increasing the capacity for trust and intimacy
- improving communication and conflict resolution skills
- strengthening parenting skills
- improving overall mental health
- leaving an unhealthy or unsafe relationship
- dealing with grief, loss, loneliness
- coping with major life transitions and stage of life crises
- cessation of drug or alcohol abuse
- healing trauma
- developing effective plans for managing psychiatric challenges
- identifying and accessing external resources
- clarifying purpose and meaning
It is often necessary to seek professional help in order to address life’s many challenges. Emotional, relationship and mental health difficulties are no different. We invite you to contact us if you feel you are in need of support. We are here and ready to help.